Laundromats are a popular place for people to do their laundry, but not all laundromats are created equal. There’s a lot of variation in price and quality. Some have better machines, more staff on hand or offer dry cleaning services. That means it takes some research to find the perfect location!
Within this article, we will cover the three key factors it takes to find that perfect laundromat location for you to start your laundromat business.
How to find the Perfect Laundromat Location?
1. Think About What Your Customers Want
Just like any other business, the location of your laundromat is key. You’ll want to find a spot that’s safe and has easy access. It’s also important to consider the cost of machines and the hours of operation. Some laundromats are open late, which can be convenient for your customers too. There are a few key factors you’ll want to consider when looking for a laundromat location:
- Safety: The area should be safe for people to walk in and out of, day or night.
- Accessibility: The laundromat should be easy to find and accessible by car or public transportation.
- Parking: There should be plenty of parking available.
- Cost: The laundromat should be affordable and have a variety of machine types and sizes.
- Hours of Operation: The laundromat should be open at convenient times.
- Dry Cleaning: If you’re interested in dry cleaning services, make sure the laundromat offers them.
2. The Cost to Lease the Laundromat Location
When looking for a laundromat location, it’s important to consider the cost of purchasing or leasing a space. The cost of the machines is another factor to consider. Laundromats typically charge by the hour, so you’ll want to make sure the area has a high population density to ensure you have a steady stream of customers.
You’ll want to think about the following questions:
- Do they require a 5-10 year lease?
- How does the rent/lease impact your profitability?
- Are there any legal issues with the lease agreement?
- Does the location have significant foot traffic nearby?
3. Foot Traffic Near Your Laundromat Location is Key!
The foot traffic near your laundromat is important for a few reasons. First, more people means more potential customers. Second, high foot traffic means that people are more likely to see your laundromat signage and stop in. Third, a high population density means that people are more likely to need to do their laundry, which means more people will need to come by your laundromat!
Questions to ask yourself:
- Should I open near a metropolitan area?
- Is the location in close proximity to other businesses?
Finding the perfect laundromat location is a difficult process, but it can be made much easier by considering these three factors. You’ll want to make sure that you’re looking in an area with plenty of parking, safe surroundings and easy access. Once you’ve found a spot with all of those things, take some time to compare prices before making your final decision. Laundromats can be expensive, so it’s important to find one that fits within your budget. By following these tips and other business advice, you’ll be able to find the perfect laundromat location for your needs. Thanks for reading!