Click spam traffic, over-optimized backlinks, and flat rankings. That’s what happens to your website when you use ineffective SEO tactics. Ranking on the first page of Google might seem trivial initially, but without search engine optimization, it can kill your business.
Leverage white-label marketing and make smart decisions before you waste months of your effort on incorrect SEO techniques. Read on for some of the best SEO strategies to deliver results in 2023.
Voice Search Optimization
People use smartphones to search the internet and prefer to speak out about what they want instead of typing it in. Nearly 40% of all searches are done using voice commands in the USA. If you don’t optimize your website for voice search optimization (VSO), you could miss a lot of traffic.
If you have a website with good content and optimize it for voice search, you will reach more people looking for your type of product or service. It helps increase your sales and grow your business.
Link building is the easiest way to get your website ranked higher on search engines. It allows you to reach a larger audience and grow your business. How can you build links?
- Build links naturally. When other people share your content with their friends and followers, you will get real traffic from them. These are natural backlinks that can boost your search engine rankings significantly.
- Conduct podcasts on sites with high domain authority (DA). You’ll promote yourself as an expert in your field while gaining more authority and helping others learn about your work.
- Start a poll on a Facebook group where you’re trying to expand your audience base. You can ask questions like “What is your favorite sport?” People’s answers will determine which content they’d be interested in reading.
- Promote your content with ads that target specific keywords, or you can promote it on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. The more people click on your content, the more they’ll share it.
Explore the Power of Video SEO
You can’t ignore video marketing if you’re trying to get your name out there. It builds awareness and drives traffic to your website. Video marketing is more than an opportunity for people to see your face and hear you speak: it’s a chance for you to demonstrate expertise in your niche.
How can you ensure your videos are optimized, so they appear higher in search results and get watched by more people?
- Create short videos that are easy to watch and understand.
- Include keywords in the title and description of your videos, but don’t overdo it. You want people watching your videos because they’re interested in what you say, not because they clicked on the wrong search result.
- Promote your videos on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram so that people who might not normally visit your website will see them.
Write Headlines That are Too Compelling to Resist
Headlines are an important part of a content marketing campaign. It’s the first thing your readers see, and it can make or break the entire piece.
Here are some tips for compelling headlines that will draw people in and get them to read your article.
- Keep it short! Write a headline that’s less than 60 characters.
- Use keywords in your headlines. It helps drive more traffic from search engines and makes it easier for people to find your content on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
- Use numbers in your headlines. Numbers make readers feel like they’re getting something valuable.
- Use action verbs like “how to,” “why,” or “what” when possible.
Use Conversational Queries
Conversational queries are questions people ask when searching for something online. If you want to rank well in Google, ensure your content answers these questions in an engaging way that’s easy for people to understand. Also, ensure that the answers are accurate and provide useful information for readers.
For example, if someone asks, “How do I download Instagram stories?” your answer should be: “You can download Instagram stories on any device by following these steps.”
Amplify Your EAT Signals
EAT stands for Engagement, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. If you want to rank highly on Google and other search engines, ensure that people can find your site easily and that it looks like a trustworthy source of information when they land on it. Your EAT signals include expertise, customer testimonials, social proof, badges, etc.
Images are an asset to your website’s content and performance. Images can help you achieve higher SERP rankings, increase user engagement, and boost conversion rates if used correctly.
Images increase click-through rates compared to text-only pages. A good image optimization strategy should include the following:
- Putting an alt tag on every image on your site
- Ensure that each image has a descriptive title tag (this can be done with some simple code)
- Using keyword-rich filenames
- Use the correct image format, for example, vectors, JPEGs e.t.c
- Compress your images for easier loading
SEO is a tricky business to navigate. It’s not just about implementing short-term solutions; it’s also about maintaining and building long-term strategies that can be implemented over time to improve your site’s visibility on search engines over the years.