DIY Valentine’s day gifts can be both creative and adorable. So what better way to show your special ones than putting together some handmade funny Valentine’s cards? Still, if you have a strong imagination and a few supplies, you can create something one-of-a-kind for your partner, family member, or best friend to enjoy.
So read on to discover tips on making fun Valentine’s cards below.
Decide Who You’re Making It for
Each special person in your life deserves a homemade card, so before you start putting it together, think about who you’d like to honor with one and how you’d like to express your love.
This could be the start of a yearly tradition and don’t be surprised if you receive funny Valentine’s cards in return next year.
If you’re going to make a card for your partner, we’re sure you already know everything about their sense of humor. So including funny pictures and surprises of thoughtful presents will be the icing on the cake.
Kids love getting a humorous card to open on Valentine’s Day. Consider creating a card that includes a picture of your child in an embarrassing situation (like eating too much candy) or a silly photo of them playing dress up.
For relatives, you can make funny Valentine’s cards highlighting precious and hilarious moments between you and your family members. Perhaps you can share a photo of you and your parents hugging or a snapshot of you and your siblings goofing off.
Friends deserve a little extra attention on February 14th, so why not make a card that shows off your sense of humor? For example, include a photo of your friend dressed up in ridiculous clothes or share a jokey story about them.
You can also choose to make a card that features a picture of you together and write a short message that lets everyone know how much you value the fun and laughter in your friendship.
Don’t forget yourself
Sometimes we forget just how important we are to ourselves! We make ourselves laugh when we need to, so to express gratitude to ourselves, consider making a funny Valentine’s card featuring a photo of you. You can include a quote or poem that boosts your self-love too.
Gather Your Supplies
You’ll need a few items to execute these funny Valentine’s cards perfectly. You don’t need to go overboard unless your creative senses are tingling, but the basics include:
- Colored craft paper
- Colored markers
- Photos of loved ones
- Glue/ glue gun
Once you’ve gathered everything, it’s time to put the card together.
- You can start by choosing what color paper you want for your card. Red or pink are the go-to colors of love, so you could begin there!
- You can then fold the paper into the size of your choice. A5 is the standard card size and will fit in most envelopes.
- Choose what design you wish to use, depending on to who you’re sending the card. It can have a generic phrase like “Happy Valentine’s Day!” Or include a funny, cheeky message like “I still fancy the pants off you!”
- Then you can add your pictures, drawings, or photos of loved ones on the front cover and inside.
- Your message on the inside can also be witty and funny, so take time to think of what to write.
- Once that’s done, you can mail or hand-deliver the card to your loved one.
Keep Valentine’s Day Funny for Any Relationship
Whether romantic or platonic, you can always find something to laugh at when it comes to Valentine’s day. So whether you’re sending a card to your significant other, your best friend, or even yourself, you can always find a way to make this day special with handmade funny Valentine’s cards.