Hygiene assessments are used in lots of different industries to ensure businesses are complying with regulations and standards, and keeping employees and customers safe. Professional cleaners can provide you with the peace of mind that your workplace passes the assessment with flying colours.
ICE Cleaning is a specialist cleaning company that provides a range of professional cleaning services, including commercial kitchen cleaning and industrial cleaning services. Its fully trained cleaning experts are available across the UK, round the clock, 365 days a year.
Read on to find out what industrial and food hygiene assessments consist of, and how to prepare for them.
Industrial hygiene assessments
Hygiene assessments are a comprehensive review of a company’s hygiene practices and processes, and equipment. They are essential for industries where there are significant hazards in the workplace, like manufacturing, construction, and oil and gas. In an assessment, an inspector will:
- Examine the workspace and specifically look into things like air quality and exposure to hazardous substances
- Evaluate how effective your safety equipment is, like personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Review how clean the facility is, including in areas like bathrooms and breakrooms
- Assess how employees are protected from exposure to hazards, like ventilation systems
- Review training programmes for health and safety procedures
Professional industrial cleaners, like ICE Cleaning’s technicians, can provide a wide range of services to ensure your workplace satisfies inspectors’ high expectations. This includes factory and warehouse cleaning, duct cleaning, and industrial floor cleaning.
Food hygiene assessments
A hygiene inspection assesses your food hygiene arrangements and procedures to make sure they comply with food hygiene and safety standards. Poor food hygiene could put your employees’ and customers’ health at risk, and result in a low food hygiene rating score.
When examining your business, inspectors will follow the guidelines of the food safety code of practice. They judge it based on food safety and hygiene procedures, structural requirements, and confidence in management. Inspectors will look for things like:
- Complete food safety management systems and allergen information tables
- Good hand washing facilities
- Fully equipped first aid kits
- Sufficient fire protective equipment
- Clean and tidy workspaces
- Adequate ventilation
- Hygiene training
- Appropriate cleaning equipment
Professional commercial kitchen cleaning services can quickly make your workplace safe and hygienic, and keep it that way.
Whether you require one-off or periodic cleaning, ICE Cleaning’s professional cleaners can take care of the entire kitchen from top to bottom. This includes sanitising and disinfecting surfaces, deep cleaning appliances, steaming carpets, cleaning extraction systems, and removing any odours.
You can find out more about ICE Cleaning’s professional cleaning services on its website.